Monday, April 23, 2012

I dyed my hair 'egyptian plum' with clairol demi permanent hair dye. Will it really come o

I have naturally medium dark brown hair and have never dyed my hair before thus I dont know anything about hair dye. I normally would never do this sort of thing, but at 1 am purple hair sounds a lot cooler. 4 days later my hair is only a little darker than natural but a lot more red. The box said it would wash out it 28 washes but all my friends are telling me this is permanent and I will have to keep dying it because of the roots. I liked being carefree about my hair and I am just hoping that this is not a permanent mess. Egyptian Plum is only fun for the first 12 hrs.



I dyed my hair 'egyptian plum' with clairol demi permanent hair dye. Will it really come out in 28 washes?

I don't think it will come out completely. Over time it will fade out quite a bit, but you may be left with a very warm color on your ends especially. If you really want to strip some more of the color out, wash with Prell shampoo several times and for a few days at least. In my industry, we know that Prell strips out color and have used it to remove color. Since it is so cleansing, you will want to make sure you use a good moisturizing conditioner also or else you hair will feel really dry and straw-like.



I dyed my hair 'egyptian plum' with clairol demi permanent hair dye. Will it really come out in 28 washes?

use timoty shampoo it will help strip the red out or baby shampoo and just let it grow out.failing that go to a salon and have a few bleached high lights through this will make it look lighter but don't try to do it yourself lol

No comments:

Post a Comment