Friday, April 27, 2012

Henna hair dye: red?

I have dark blonde hair and currently dye the tips with red L'Oreal Color Pulse. I love the color, but it washes out wayyyy too quickly. Looking in to henna options, and hoping for a dark to primary red (the color, not the natural hair color, if that makes sense). Anyone used any kind of henna dye before? How'd that go?



I hear it takes ages and such, but I'm okay with that if it'll last.



I'm hoping to use a paste as opposed to something I'd have to mix with various ingredients.



Currently considering this: Surya Nature - Henna Cream Hair Coloring with Natural Extracts (Red)



Much as I hate to order hair care off the internet.



Henna hair dye: red?

Henna is subtler but it lasts. Not so great for covering the grays. Why dont you try some hair thats hidden and test strand it.



On recommendation from my hairdresser I switched to Kerastase Bain Mirror shampoo. My color has been lasting ALOT longer. Plus I am sometimes only washing the roots and not the whole strand of hair. Hope that helps you.



Henna hair dye: red?

anything that is a commercial product, cream hair color is not really henna.



Use pure 100 % henna powder you mix yourself for beautiful color and ease, and safe and natural.



Try it, you will like it.



Henna hair dye: red?

I know buying off the internet can be risky sometimes but usually can be a great experience. The best henna suppliers are found online or locally if they live near you.



I really suggest you visit this website to get more henna related information, it is amazing there:



http://chatter.thebeautybottle.com/forum...



I do recommend you really use good henna products such as body art quality henna powder to get the color you'd like.



Cream color isn't as strong either, it is diluted a bit. So please go to that website I recommend above as it is a very helpful forum



Hope this helps!



Henna hair dye: red?

If you try Henna, only use Body Art Quality Henna. Anything bought in a grocery/health food store may not be safe. If you don't want to buy off the Internet, then try an Indian store. I tried Reshma Henna bought from the Indian store recently and it was very high quality. The red color turned out beautiful. (Note: The girl on the box has black hair, but the hair really turns out red.)

No comments:

Post a Comment