Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Hair dye surprise- why dark brown permamant hair dye lightened my roots??

my hair is naturally medium to dark brown. %26lt;5% gray. i dyed it with a permanent neutral dark brown dye which i have used before (a year or more ago) and for some reason it actually lightened my roots! my roots are reddish medium brown. the rest of my hair is a perfect beautiful neutral dark brown. the next day i bought a demipermanant ash brown to try to color over this disaster and it barely made a dent. ive used that same demipermanant before and its always nice and dark and red neutralizing. what went wrong? does it have to do with the heat of my scalp altering the chemicals. will my roots ever take color again? this is soo weird.



Hair dye surprise- why dark brown permamant hair dye lightened my roots??

Well, either for some reason the dye was not the same quality as it should have (for example expired or the batch weird), or the fact that roots dye lighter than does the rest of the hair.



Suggestion: try a darker tone and put it only at the roots. Then change brands. You may want to ask whether other people using the same brand as you did had a similar problem!



Another alternative: try ash tones.



Hair dye surprise- why dark brown permamant hair dye lightened my roots??

Box color is not always the same from batch to batch. It is also considered "seconds" as far as quality goes. I do not know what volume came in the box, but 20 vol with heat from either the scalp or just the temp from it being summer can affect the outcome. You are going to have to adjust your formula and really watch how you apply the product and your timing. You are also a year older now with slightly more grey- that has to be adjusted for. It may be time to consider having it professionally done. Best of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment