Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Salon hair dye messup. What should I do in this situation?

I went to the JCPenney's hair salon today, because well, I have done a little experimenting with home dye, and unfortunatly messed up. I had blackish redish blondish hair. I mean it looked mostly blaskish with red roots, and a few stands of blondish brown when I went in.



So my mom told me to go there because she went a few years back and it was good. So, I got my hair dyed, and I asked for red. The woman started the process, and I sat under the little heater for 40 minutes, and now I have RED roots, and slightly but not noticeable red tint to my hair, and still a few streaks of slightly lighter hair. I told them it looked the same, and they still wanted me to pay full price! Put it short the JCPenneys manager came in bc I wanted to refund, and she would not give it to me. They told me to come back tom. and speak with the salon manager. On my way out the little old lady that was sitting beside me said it didnt look red to her! 70 bucks worth of crap! What would you do?



Salon hair dye messup. What should I do in this situation?

Go back and speak to the salon manager. Tell her that you expressed what you wanted IN DETAIL when you walked in. then explain that you understand that hairstylists arent miracle workers but if the person who did your hair didnt know how to correct the problem or knew that it was uncorrectable to begin with then she nevershould have agreed to do it. You pay to have someone not just do your hair, BUT DO IT WELL. She shampooed your hair right? agree to pay for a shampoo, if she styled it nicley..pay the cost of the style. You should get at least 50 bucks back. If she didnt cut it or style it or shampoo it, then you should get it all back.



If the salon manager doesnt want to give you back the money, then politley ask for the district managers #. Call the district manager from the store. Explain the situation to that person. Also explain that another customer agreed that it looked nothing like what you asked for. Not only did they take your money they wasted your time. Explain that if she had told you that it probably wouldnt work, that you would have been disapointed but accepted it. A bad dye job is unacceptable. These people go to school. They learn a trade. Hair coloring is a major part of it . If they dont know how to do it or if it will not work, then they should say so. Just stay calm and make good arguments. Eventually they will do what they have to (i.e. give you your money back) to get rid of you. Call supervisor upon supervisor. If one tells you no. go above thier head. and so on and so on. Take your mother with you as back up if shes a supportive type person. And dont forget to rub it in that you thought you could trust an American name like JC PENNEYS.



Also, if you attempt to correct this at home. Your only real choice now is dark brown or black. They will do the least damage and cover the mess you have going on so that you can at least go out without the orange root stripe. As for the guy who said it was your fault. The origional bad color job is your fault. The second bad color job could have been avoided with 7 words, " I'm not sure if this will work." or even 3 words, " It wont work."



I botched a dye job when I was young too and I went to the salon expecting miracles. My stylist told me No. Flat out refused me. She said it wont work...Then gave me options that would. That would have been the stylists correct response.



Salon hair dye messup. What should I do in this situation?

Well, since you technically were the one who messed up the first time, it's not 100% their fault they couldn't fix it. I actually just came back from my hair place, they totally messed mine up. She put in clarifying rinse and some of my brown streaks came out, and it was at no charge. When you go in, don't ask them to dye over it, but maybe suggest to them if they could possibly rinse out the dye. Hopefully they will not charge you, and good luck.



Salon hair dye messup. What should I do in this situation?

I'd get plenty of pictures taken, then have it re-done %26amp; get whoever does it to write what JCP did wrong, then you have backup to complain %26amp; demand refund.



Salon hair dye messup. What should I do in this situation?

i'd go back in the am and may ur mom can go as a witness we had to redo some they were not happy with there hair i know we would ask to give a day or 2c for there hair to relaxe due to damage. good luck. hugs baby



Salon hair dye messup. What should I do in this situation?

go back and talk to the manager adn tell her to look at the tape to see if she notices your hair when you go in and its the same as when you left and you wanted it fixed hope they will redo it or a refund then i would go buy color oops and take all the dye out and duy it the color you want hope this helps ive had the same problem they only gav me 1/2 back but i payed 100 and i just stick to at home or a breuty school if they mess up they will fix it and they are cheeper



Salon hair dye messup. What should I do in this situation?

Your experimenting is what messed your hair up to begin with, not the stylist. The saying goes "Quit your bit*hin', you colored it in the kitchen." and it's true. Now if you go into a salon and they try to do corrective color on your hair and it doesn't work it's still a service. The time was taken, the attempt was made and the products were used in an attempt to correct your mistake so of course you have to pay. If it didn't come out any better sure, go talk to the manager and see if something else can be done to it, but expect to pay for it. I'm sorry if this isn't what you want to hear but it's not wrong either. I really am sorry your hair is a mess and I hope you can get it fixed. Good luck hun.



Salon hair dye messup. What should I do in this situation?

wow that must have been a ghetto jcpenney's because usually coloring there costs at least $80 at a good one. i work as an assistant manager in a jcpenney salon, so i know exactly what kind of situation you are in. basically, did you ask for hair to be red, but were unwilling to pay for the color correction to lighten the black to a red color? the stylist should have known to dye it darker on the roots, and put the red only on the ends to even out the color. did you happen to see a designer level stylist? a jcpenney salon is not really supposed to give them color clients because instances like these can happen. yes go back tomorrow, and fight with the manager if you have to because this is not supposed to happen, and they need to completely fix it, and if they can't, then they should refund your money. when you go in, they will probably just tone the roots down to match the rest of your hair. which jcpenney salon did you go to? the managers at some of the jcpenney salons are not very smart, so if you have to, go to the store manager because they will do everything and I mean, EVERYTHING, to fix the problem, they take these things very seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment