Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Dye black/expresso brown hair?

I have expresso brown/black hair and I want to dye it lighter. But I'm afraid that I might dye it the wrong color. I have a tan not too light or dark I would say medium-light and I have dark brown eyes. Any ideas for hair color? And also what hair dye should I use I'd just like to try it so a semi-permanent hair color would be best but any ideas are welcome. Thanx ~Nikki



Dye black/expresso brown hair?

If you want to go lighter, semi-permanent won't give you very good results. Semi-permanent hair die only coats the hair with color, so often times with dark hair, you can't even tell that u dyed it or it's just a small tint change.



If you want to go lighter, start out with a few shades lighter, if you don't like it you can buy another color and die over it. You shouldn't die your hair more then once a month because it will damage your hair, but as long as you don't make a habit of back to back dyeing you'll be OK.



The best way to die your hair is to go to a professional. They can adjust your color better then you can with a box dye. You also might want to consider just getting some highlights. Highlights cause less overall damage, and are more subtle. They can give the overall lighter appearance to the hair and also can be done in a variety of colors.



Dye black/expresso brown hair?

If your hair is more black or dark brown and you want to dye it lighter, You could try a medium brown or medium golden brown. I always use High Dimension. It is a good brand of hair color it is made by Revlon.



Dye black/expresso brown hair?

I would dye it brown. I had black hair and I dyed it blonde. That didn't work so well.



Dye black/expresso brown hair?

There is no way you can go lighter without using a permanent color. Unless you know what you are doing you need to see a professional. You have a lot of pigment in your hair and if you try to lighten at home you will likley end up with orange brassy color.



Dye black/expresso brown hair?

I have the same hair color you are describing. Honestly, I get the most compliments when I go to the salon and have a glaze put over my hair. This way it looks very healthy and super shinny.

No comments:

Post a Comment