Thursday, April 26, 2012

Hair Dye Conditioner Rumor--Is this true?

I recently dyed my hair. My grandmother used to dye hers and never used the conditioner in the boxes, so she has a bunch of unused ones. I love how they make my hair feel so I took a bunch. My friend told me that each one is for that specific color for the box they came from. She told me that her mom did that and it turned her hair orange. I really think she had no clue what she is talking about. I think if that were true, there would be a warning label or some sort of notification on the box or conditioner. Is this true?



Hair Dye Conditioner Rumor--Is this true?

it depends on the brand and type of haircolor. some brands include conditioners that are actually meant to enhance and refresh the color of the dye that they came with. others are just plain old conditioner. if they were in the packets, that means that they are one use, so chances are good that these are just regular deep conditioners and will have no effect on your haircolor. however, if they were in tubes, then you use them once a week or so and they very well might be meant to refresh a certain shade or keep a certain color looking bright. by the way, i just dyed my hair as well, and used a leftover conditioner packet from revlon colorsilk and it didn't affect my new color at all.



edit: i'd say go with the excellence conditioner for now. and for the other ones, look at the color of the conditioner if it's in a tube. if it is colored, then don't use it. and see if there are any descriptions on the conditioners. whether they're meant for specific colors or not, simple conditioner for blonde hair will not significantly lighten your dark brown hair, if at all. but just to be safe and avoid an unwanted reaction, if you want to use one, test it on a small section of hair in the back of your head and on the underside.



Hair Dye Conditioner Rumor--Is this true?

I've used a few different shades of Clairol hair dyes and they all have come with the tubes of conditioner. They were all the same too. I think that if the conditioner was meant to go with a certain color, it would specify it on the packaging.



Hair Dye Conditioner Rumor--Is this true?

Absolutely not true!! They are all the same for all of the colors. The only one I know of that has it for specific colors is the new Revlon Colorist (it has the color on the conditioner and specifically tells you not to use it w/ other colored hair because it has a tint to it...It also tells you to wash hands thoroughly because it can tint your skin)...



My mother only uses hers right after she colors her hair (blonde) and I take them off her hands to finish them out (my hair is dark brown)....



Use away...they do make your hair feel so soft!!!



Hair Dye Conditioner Rumor--Is this true?

as far as i know it won't turn it different colors, i've never used box color but it sounds like they are just conditioning treatments for after coloring so basically it's just a deep conditioner. if you are worried use it on a small part of your hair first just in case. but im pretty sure you're ok

No comments:

Post a Comment