Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Why won't my red hair dye stay in ! ?

I actually had two separate questions. First, how often do you think is okay to dye your hair [with the box dye] (Yes, I've been told the box dye can damage your hair, but it has never damaged mine ! !) Secondly, about two weeks ago I died my hair with the box dye and auburn color. It's like a dark red. I did everything right, but to this day it is STILL coming out when I was my hair. The top of my head is still red but the rest is starting to turn brown instead. I don't understand why it keeps washing out? A friend told me that red does not last long in your hair . . but then what can I do so that I can keep my hair this auburn color ? ? HELP ! !



Why won't my red hair dye stay in ! ?

Yeah, red is the hardest color to keep. To try to keep it's color, try to wash your hair the least amount possible (like every four days). How can I possibly do that without it getting all greasy and grungy, you might ask? Let me introduce you to baby powder. All you have to do is sprinkle some onto your roots, brush it a little, and voila! Fresh, clean-looking hair. Dry shampoo also has the same affect. My favorite product though for keeping my roots a vibrant red is Bumble and Bumble hair powder. Not only does it soak up my unwanted oils; it adds a fantastic burst of color.



Now when you do have to shampoo and condition (everyone does) my favorite color-saving couple in general is L'Oreal Professionnel Serie Expert Vitamino Color Shampoo and Color Protecting Conditioner. They do a wonderful job of filtering out UV rays and sealing the cuticle to prevent that gorgeous color from rinsing down the drain. Of course, it is also important to keep mixing up your shampoos and conditioners to keep hair healthy. I in fact have about three different brands in my shower at the moment, so also try the John Frieda Collection, Pantene Expressions, and Bumble and Bumble's line for reds (can you tell I love Bumble and Bumble?). Another important part of a red colorer's hair routine is glossing. Once a week use a product like Clairol Nice 'n Easy ColorSeal Conditioning Gloss to seal color in and add smoothness.



Your hair color should (emphasis on should) last you 28 shampoos. It NEVER lasts that long for us reds though, so we must be persistent. Every 3-6 weeks I touch up my hair with Clairol Nice n' Easy Root Touch-Up in 6R Light Auburn, although you might want to try a darker shade.



It can be hard to keep up red hair color, but you can do it! Best of luck to you, and I hope I helped!



Why won't my red hair dye stay in ! ?

http://hayley.checkered-vans.com/ click on hayleys advise



Why won't my red hair dye stay in ! ?

Y would you want to dye your hair red. Srry jp. Bored....



Why won't my red hair dye stay in ! ?

STOP USING BOX COLOR!!!



When they put the peroxide in the box colors, they use a 20 or 30 volume and either of those volumes will lift your hair first before it deposits the color in. What I mean by lift is, when you apply the mixed color the chemicals start to open and change the bonds inside the hairs, this action removes some of your natural color, leaving the cuticle open and damaged (whether you feel it or not its there), then when you wash your hair the artificial color fades away.



If you plan on keeping the red, go to Sally's and buy the auburn color you want in a demipermanent and buy the developer for the demipermanent color( usually called a prompter or intensifier) and it will help.



Reds always fade faster than any other color.



Why won't my red hair dye stay in ! ?

Reds fade faster than any other color. I think its the henna. But n e way. The only thing you can do is try some color for red shampoos and conditioner. If Im not mistaken I think its John Frieda? LOREAL? Pantene? any way it helps extend and enhance your color.



Why won't my red hair dye stay in ! ?

Well, first question - every dye will damage everyone's hair. Use a deep conditioning treatment once a week and you should be fine.



You shouldn't dye your hair more than once every 4 weeks or so.



Red is the hardest color to stay in the hair. The red dye particles are so large it doesn't absorb into the hair like other colors.



I have bright red hair. I dye my hair once a month. The ends fade and always will. I have had my red hair for 4 years.



The best color for red I've ever used is Kadus. It's amazing! The ends of my hair were still close to the top of my head after 6 weeks! I would recommend using Kadus for reds! You might have to get it from a salon or a beauty supply store. It's not an easy product to find, but it is WELL worth it.



Also, you can try using a red shampoo. Look at your local beauty supply store. It might stain your shower, so be careful with it. It actually deposits a little color each time you wash.



Use 10 volume!!! and NEVER higher than 20 - it will fade orange.



Why won't my red hair dye stay in ! ?

Box dye isn't necessarily more damaging (it's made kinda foolproof - it stops processing after a certain time so that you can't overprocess your hair), but it isn't compatible with most professional dyes (it can make your hair smoke lol I've seen it happen before). It's also a gradual color, meaning that every time you apply it over previously colored hair, it will get DARKER (professional dyes do not), so you have to be careful when using permanent colors to do new growth touchups.



Red dye molecules are larger than any other color molecule, and it slips out of the hair more easily because it doesn't penetrate as well. You can't really do much to keep the red other than use a color depositing shampoo (not color safe) and touch it up with a semi-permanent every 3 weeks. You can email if you like if you need some more info I didn't write in here.

No comments:

Post a Comment