Monday, May 7, 2012

Hair dye question 1,349?

Ladies, one of my girlfriends is preggers and wants to know if she can dye her hair with the store bought dyes...I'm thinking no. I've seen preggos go to the professional salons and I don't know if that's just to avoid root contact or if that's because they use a less invasive dye?



Hair dye question 1,349?

She really needs to ask her OB about that. I was told that I could dye my hair after the first trimester, but to take it easy. I didn't dye it the last month anyway. I think most people go to the salon to get their hair dyed simply because it's so much easier than to have to try to do it yourself. Regardless, she needs to get it cleared through her OB or midwife (if she's going that route).



Hair dye question 1,349?

i think as long as its not bleaching its fine, i've home dyed my hair 3 times since i became pregnant.



Hair dye question 1,349?

Yes it is safe to dye your hair while pregnant. Here is some info on it.



http://www.obfocus.com/questions/qanda2....



Hair dye question 1,349?

If you ask Clairol, they would probably say dying hair is abosultely safe for the baby. But if you ask the American institue of OBGYN, they will definitely not recommend it. My doctor didn't recommend it.



Hair dye question 1,349?

yess she can do it. Make sure all windows and doors are open. If its possible have her wear one of those mask so she doesn't inhale the chemicals too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment