Saturday, May 5, 2012

Can I dye my hair a year after using henna on it?

I used Lush henna hair dye on my hair about a year ago (last August). I didn't leave it in very long, and although i could notice a slight difference in color for about a month or so, now it all seems to be washed out. I want to color my hair with a chemical Loreal dye. Can I do this without my hair getting ruined? I'd appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks! :) :)



Can I dye my hair a year after using henna on it?

Here's the deal with henna. Henna is a vegtable dye and it coats the hair shaft. Chemicals like perms and color can't penetrate the henna. I don't think it's really an issue of damage as much as an issue of whether the color will work and if it does will it get the color it is suppose to.



If you've kept your hair trimmed up and the same length it was a year ago it's almost a safe bet that the henna has been cut out by now. If not and you grew your hair out or haven't really gotten it cut much then there still may be some henna on it. In this case the best thing to do is remove a small section of your hair from underneath in the back where you won't see it and apply the color to this section and see what happens. If all is ok then put it on your hair.



Can I dye my hair a year after using henna on it?

The general time you have to wait before using anew product on your hair is 3 months. Some sources say you should only touch the new growth, but that generally only applies to relaxers.



Have fun

No comments:

Post a Comment