Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Hair dye/undertone?

(I asked this question before and it went unanswered. Roar.)



I have a true strawberry blonde hair color naturally, which is like a blonde with a reddish tint. Except my hair is a medium tone, it's not too light, yet not too dark. It's literally middle of the road, making it hard for people to decide wheather I have dark or light hair. It can even appear darker or lighter in different lighting with even the slightest difference. Even on a daily basis my hair color changes hue. (Nothing drastic, though and I know I'm not explaining my color very well, lol) Currently, I have some natural looking highlights, but I want a black undertone.



Is there any suggested method or brand of hair dye (since my mother refuses to pay for it to be professionally done,) to make it look decent and not like a complete home made massacre?



Hair dye/undertone?

I really wouldn't suggest trying this at home. Truly black hair typically has a blue undertone. With a natural red undertone to you hair it would be in complete contrast to what you are trying to do and your end result would look muddled. I would leave it be or save up your money to pay to have it done...but remember there will be a lot of upkeep. So you will have to re colour pretty frequently. I have mine done every 4 weeks when I have a contrast to my natural colour. When I am in the same colour family I can hold off to every 6 weeks.



I know this isn't the answer you're really looking for, but I made many self inspired colour mistakes when I was young so I want to help keep someone else from doing the same thing!



Hope this helps.....Good Luck!



Hair dye/undertone?

You won't like this answer but pls consider it.



Any chemicals applied to your hair or eyes etc. prematurely age you and cause side-effects. Think of natural oils (coconut is good for hair) and I hope the way you have abused your hair like millions of other women every day will reverse itself.



You want your hair to look different? Wear a wig.



Hair dye/undertone?

trust me on this one the best thing you can do is lo lite your hair. This means dying little strands of your hair a darker colour than your own. Unfortunatly you can only achieve this with professional help. I'm sorry if this isn't what you wanted to here but remember your hair is your crowning glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment