Thursday, April 26, 2012

Which hair dye is the best?

I dyed my bf's hair about two maybe three weeks ago, and the stuff is coming out. It's not that his hair is growing out, that part is still ok, the dye itself is just not staying in. I even left the stuff in a few extra minutes by accident, and it's still coming out. We were sure not to get temp dye, but I guess it's just a crappy brand. It was L'Oriel. Anyway, which dyes work best for you?



Which hair dye is the best?

From my experience, L'Oreal is not crappy. I know you said you didn't get a temp color but are you sure it was permanent? It could've been demi or semi perm, which will not stick around forever.



What kind of condition is your friend's hair in? It it's dry or damaged, it may not have held the color during processing well because of that. Does she use harsh shampoos? Dandruff shampoos and clarifying shampoos will strip color faster. She should use color-friendly products that have UV filters to prevent fading in the sun.



Personally, I have used Feria (by L'Oreal) and it stayed in my hair for-EVER. If you're doing black, I would reccommend their "Starry Night", it's got a blue-ish tint to it. You might also want to try a "color sealer" directly after coloring. They're like 1.99 at Sally for a one-time use packet.



Which hair dye is the best?

It's always best to go to a salon and let a professional do your hair, if you want to look your best.



Which hair dye is the best?

i totally disagree with singingcrab7. if you're doing a simple, one color dye, you might as well do it yourself. if you're doing highlights or something, then sure. i use loreal colour experte. it makes your hair healthier and it wont fade. it also comes with a tube of weekly conditioner that helps keep the color and it hydrates your hair so that you dont have the fried look. the only thing is... it also comes w/ a highlighting kit. so if you dont wanna pay the extra bucks for that, try loreal preference. its just as good, and also comes with the weekly color-saving conditioner. they both make your hair smell rly good.



hope this helps you!



Which hair dye is the best?

nice n easy! if you go to their website, they even have a "hair-color quiz" for you to take, and then recommend the color you should get. the hair quiz is you put in your current hair color, skin tone, and they tell you which color would look best on you!



Which hair dye is the best?

Whenever I dye my hair at home, I would use the same brand, and if it was somewhat close to my own hair color, it would stay at least a month before fading. But that is only if it was close to my natural color.



For anything more drastic I recommend going to a professional. The dyes they use are not as harsh on your hair and scalp, and they last a LOT longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment