Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Can i dye my hair with a proffesional hair dye already on it,?

Hi i want to dye my hair at home, and have bought a light brown hair dye. my hair is naturally blonde of which i have the top dyed a lighter blonde. I also have roots and was wondering what the effect would be if i just put this light brown colour on, how would it affect my roots and would it turn my hair green. I was going to put a root touch up kit on 1st then put the colour all over , but i think this may be disastourus. Can anyone help me through past experince or through just knowing please.



Thanks Jules



Can i dye my hair with a proffesional hair dye already on it,?

if u are touching up with a darker color then thats fine. do the roots first then pull through entire head. the only time i will say no is when going lighter.leave that to professionals. just remember roots first. everytime you dye ur hair u are depositing color on top of color so old growth will appear darker. thats why roots first then the rest of ur hair. good luck.



Can i dye my hair with a proffesional hair dye already on it,?

I don't see why there should be a problem. How long ago did you get your hair professionally done? Too much hair dye in a short amount of time can be bad for your hair.



Can i dye my hair with a proffesional hair dye already on it,?

STOP STOP STOP



Dont do it !!!!



Professional dyes are just that. You cannot mix the 2.



If you want green hair I guess you could, or to have it break right off from the chemical reation.



You must ask a professional. If you trust your hair care expert, ask them. If not, try asking at a couple of salons in the area, you dont have to have them do the work, but you should see what they say. It doesn't hurt to ask.



In most cases you must strip out all of the color in the hair to let the new color come through properly. If you dye over dye the color will not be true, its like painting a wall, if you dont prime it first the under color will show through.



Can i dye my hair with a proffesional hair dye already on it,?

Putting a darker colour on top would be ok, you might get highlights through your hair from the different shades of blonde



It depends how long ago you had the colour put in at the hair dresser



Can i dye my hair with a proffesional hair dye already on it,?

Actually, you can mix the chemical together, but the problem will be from not knowing the outcome. It definitely could turn blond green if it is a cool shade, and red, if it is a warm shade. I would never, ever recommend doing it yourself this way. The money you will save doing it this way right now, you will lose tenfold when you have to pay for corrective services as well. Good luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment