Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Hair dye help!! Please help me!!?

I bought Clairol Natural Instincts Loving Care semi-permanent (supposed to wash out after 6-12 washes) hair dye. The color I bought was black. I am experimenting with dying part of my hair the black color. Here is my real question: can I save the bottle of dye I just used for another week or two? I did not have to mix anything together, all I did was open the container of dye and put it in my hair. I have heard myths that when you mix the two things together with othr brands of dye, the bottle of dye could explode.



So, if I like how my hair turns out tonight can I save the bottle for another few weeks and will it still be useable? Thanks so much!



Hair dye help!! Please help me!!?

no it wont. i promise



only if u had to mix a powder and a creme together it would cause damage.



also, it would turn colors



Hair dye help!! Please help me!!?

IDK



Hair dye help!! Please help me!!?

I will try to answer your question but I have never heard of hair dye you didn't have to mix with the developer, so I am a bit confused.



Regardless you can not keep color after you have used it. This information is right on the inside package info, it will not blow up but it will expand and start to leak out of the top. Plus it will not work on your hair it looses it's potency.



Just try to remember what kind of color you buy and always check the date of what you are buying.



Hair dye help!! Please help me!!?

No you cannot save it, something about the chemicals breaking down once its open?



Hair dye help!! Please help me!!?

hey- been there done that. i just put the remainin mixture in the freezer until i was ready to reuse, then let it thaw that morning before i planned on using it. i havent had any problems with it so far. if you dont get any more answers, u can always try it and see. good luck.



Hair dye help!! Please help me!!?

IF you did NO mixing at all, yes you can use it again. Don't keep it any longer than 2-3 wks. max. Put the cap back on as tightly as you can %26amp; store it in a dark place, also away from any heat. IF things are mixed w/peroxide, you cannot reuse them. They could very well "expand", but not blow up or explode!!! BTW, I AM familiar with Loving Care! I know what product you are referring to.

No comments:

Post a Comment