Monday, April 23, 2012

Another red hair dye question!!! Can YOU help me?

Ok, I've been searching the internet for a solution and I'm still trying to find it. Yesterday I got my hair done at a SALON, and I got red highlights! (Not even full, just partial highlights, which means I only have like 5 actual red strips to my hair.)But It's already begining to fade!!! Already! Apparently, even if its permanent, red hair dye fades! And QUICKLY!! So let me ask you all this: If I....



-stay out of chlorine



-wash my hair in cold water



-wash my hair as sparingly as I dare



-stay out of the sun



-use color treated hair products when I do decide to wash



-not use hot styling tools



Will I be able to keep my red hair color??? OR WILL THE AIR.... JUST STRIP MY HAIR OF THE RED DYE AND TURN ME BACK TO BRUNETTE??? Oh by the way, the stylist dyed my highlights to a light orange before dying it red. Does this help significantly? And it isn't a bright punk red... like a red apple but just a tint lighter. Thankx for all your help!!!!



Another red hair dye question!!! Can YOU help me?

use a color depositing shampoo and conditioner, they are supposed to refill the faded areas but it also may slightly tint the rest of your hair when used for a long period of time.



next time keep in mind that red fades the fastest AND it is the most difficult to get rid of.



you can get those types of products at beauty supply stores.



Another red hair dye question!!! Can YOU help me?

I know yours isn't as bright as mine... but just touch it up yourself. You can buy red hair dye with hardly any harsh chemicals in it that doesn't go bad if you don't use it all up at once. Your hair wont just go back to brunette because the stylist bleached your hair to get it that orange-y color.. otherwise the red would hardly show up on your brown hair.



All those things listed will help your red stay longer, but not as long as many other colors. I touch mine up once every two weeks when I'm bright like my picture and bleach my roots when they need it.



Another red hair dye question!!! Can YOU help me?

I've had red highlights in my hair and the hairdresser stripped those pieces completely, they were blonde (my hair is dark) and then did the red on top. This made the red nice and bright. She rinse my hair in cold water, so that could work. She also told me to try not to wash it every day. Straightning and blowdryer can also make it fade as it is hard on your hair, dry's it out and the color is less likely to stick.



Another red hair dye question!!! Can YOU help me?

Sorry sweetie red fades the fastest.



Try getting a color enhancing shampoo. They actually have pigment (color) in them.



If you are a medium to dark brunette naturally the red pigment in the shampoo will only show up on the highlighted area.



You can get it at salon or get less expensive products at Wal-Mart or other discount store.



All of the things you mentioned above will help the color last longer.



Another red hair dye question!!! Can YOU help me?

I know what you mean I kept mine like a burgundy color for about two years and it always faded and now I have it blonde again and I can use the same dye each time but it always comes out a different shade when I dye it I wish we could dye our hair and it wouldstay like its supposed to I feel your pain a lot of money seemingly down the drain



Another red hair dye question!!! Can YOU help me?

HI



unfortunately, as a dyed red head myself, I know your pain...even if it looks amazing it can be a pain.



If you are a brunette, what your hairdresser actually did,(before dyeing) she has bleached you (that's why it looked orange), so your red will probably fade to a blondish color.



color shampoos do help but only if you wash often enough, you could probably revive it by dyeing it (even at home) with your favourite shade of red...I love loreal "Feria" the best red and the longest lasting (trust me I've tried them all!)



best of luck



Ella



http://www.tapnet.biz



Another red hair dye question!!! Can YOU help me?

red fades the fastest..and it sucks..it pisses me off too!



thats y i do it at home and dont waste money goin to a salon becuz i hav to dye it much more then i normally would!



ther is nuthing u can..u cant change ur life becuz of it..thats just silly..



little suggestions



*yes..rinse ur hair in cold water



*buy a shampoo made for keepin reds red..buy a expensive one so u kno it works okay.



*and i hav to seriosuly dye my hair every 3 weeks to keep it a decent red..just make sure u deep condition :)

No comments:

Post a Comment