Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Hair dye disaster...What to do?

Hello all! So here is my problem:



I (being the idiot that I am) decided to dye my light cool brown hair darker and voila, jet black hair! This is a home dye. I freaked and two days later went ahead and got to a salon to have it dyed back...Well after several attempts at getting it right I walked out with an awful orange!



My mom then dyed over it with an ash light brown/natural light brown and it turned out ok...dark, little red but livable.



Well, 3 weeks later I'm starting to fade and my nasty orange hair is coming back steadily...it looks terrible in natural light.



Some days I'm content with growing it back, but some other days I just can't help it! I'm trying Shimmer Lights but that is no help, also fanci-full rinses.



Question is: is there any way for me to get back (other than growing out) to the natural color?? Can I buy something at home...is it even possible for a stylist? Tuff fix, or what? And how much longer must I bear with this hair?



Sorry for the length! :D



Hair dye disaster...What to do?

ooh hunnie, DO NOT try to bleach it yourself... seriously.. youve done so many processes on your hair, that its gotta be getting way to stressed to do anything else... if your adament about changing the color again, pay out the $ and have a professional do it... when the salon did the color remover, they used a bleach, so, bleaching it again, in less than a month, will do some real damage to your hair. if you cant afford to have a salon do it, go to Sallys, and talk to a person there--- they might be able to point you in the direction of a less harmful hair dye {and you can usually get it cheaper there than if you buy @ say, walmart} good luck!



Hair dye disaster...What to do?

Shave it



Hair dye disaster...What to do?

i think you will just have to grow it out



Hair dye disaster...What to do?

try via its natural semipermanent it helped me alot



Hair dye disaster...What to do?

hav u tried blond dissima, its a bleach



Hair dye disaster...What to do?

This might help might not...



You could try bleaching it (idk???) then dye it to whatever you want! lol that was worth the try!



Hair dye disaster...What to do?

Bleach it blonde, then dye it brown. should work



Hair dye disaster...What to do?

i would suggest not doing anything further on your own!! since you've been dyeing it so much your running the risk of it breaking off (i've done it befor myself and the end result was me having to have a short hair cut). a saloon is suppose to be able to match stuff to the color of your hair, i would say keep trying saloons. also for the fading....watch what kind of shampoo your using, some strip the color frmo your hair faster then others.



Hair dye disaster...What to do?

No! Don't do anything more to it. I've been there and I can tell you that your hair is getting so damaged and over-processed that the hair shaft won't hold any more color, so a colorist now likely won't be able to do you much good. That's why the orange is coming back. You have only two choices. One is to cut it. The other is to find a wig that's reasonably close to your natural color and - if you can - style. I did the latter till my hair grew out and I could get the damaged ends cut off.



Hair dye disaster...What to do?

maybe cut i short so you can grow it out to its natural color and wear a wig and then never never never dye your hair again by yourself.



Hair dye disaster...What to do?

lol awww bless you!! The hairdressers should have warned you that trying to make jet black hair light will always go orange at first few goes nd it will gradualy get lighter but your always left with lighter roots then the ends of your hair when your new hair starts to come threw... why not be trendy (dark colours are sooo in now) go back black and just let it fade out at least untill its faded lighter then try using lighter colours... wont be the excat colour at first but should be an orange xx



Hair dye disaster...What to do?

I don't know what kinda hair dresser you went to,but they are suppose to correct it for you. That is not good enough that they did it organge!!!You should have gone back. I know there is a product that works like a shampoo that washes out hair dye unfortunately I can't remeber what it is called. But if you go to a reallly good salon they may stock it there just say its some sort of a product that can wsh away the dye in the hair.Or go to another good salon and they should be able to get your hair looking the proper shade.



Hair dye disaster...What to do?

Problem is, you fried your hair and most color isn't going to stick. Thats why the orange is coming back. You mentioned fanci-full rinses aren't really helping... and at this point thats your only other option.



You could dye it again, but you'll only damage it further and it will fade back to the orange at some point again.



Just grow it out. If its that terrible... you could always try a short hairstyle. Means you'll be free of the orange in much less time.

No comments:

Post a Comment