Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Hair Dye Dilemma; Please Help?

So I got it in my mind that I wanted to lighten my hair. I started with a box of the L'Oreal preference especially for dark brown hair; and after using it, it had done nothing. My hair was the same old color. I used a highlighting kit to add highlights, and they came out orange. Upset with the results, I used ColorOops to remove all of the mess I made, and then I used an ash brown semi-permanent dye. Now I am left with a head of copper-ish brown hair, and a whole world of stress.



I don't have the money to have it corrected at the salon. Someone suggested two options to me: (1) use a bleach blonding kit to lighten the hair to its yellow stage, and then use a toner over it to achieve the color I desired originally, or (2) use a darker brown semi-permanent dye, and get it back toward my original color.



What do you suggest? I would really like to hear from someone with experience as a colorist or with hair.



Thanks for your help. I do have to go to work tomorrow...



Hair Dye Dilemma; Please Help?

Hey ! i m bit worried thinking about all this silly questions on the hair colouring and hair style. For God's sake thing about the subject matter inside your head and not the outer appearance



Hair Dye Dilemma; Please Help?

First thing give your a break!!! Deep condtion with a leave in and leave on for 20 minutes and then rinse. Try not to apply any product to your like mousse gel anything like that. Then after 3-5 days see what condtion your hair is in. If when you try and stretch your hair it breaks your hair is not ready yet for another chemical process. when your hair remains slightly flexible it is ok to color or lighten it. You can lighten to that yellow base which is a level 9 but your hair will be very brittle. I recommened using a demi-perment color. You can purchase this at Sally's. Also there is a additive called no gold or no brass add this to the solution using 20 vol devloper. That way you wont have brassiness in your color unless your want the color to be on the warm side. After you color please....deep condtion weekly. I rrecommened a product from Bed Head or Redken (anti snap). gOOD lUCK



Hair Dye Dilemma; Please Help?

Hey...I just dyed my hair. It said on the instructions that if you're doing a full head dye then its supposed to have been 3months since you last dyed your hair.



I'd wait a few months so you don't mess it up further!



You could let it grow out a bit too then chop it all off!

No comments:

Post a Comment