Monday, April 16, 2012

Hair dye allergies?

After getting my hair dyed red last summer I had a severe reaction to the dye [was almost hospitalised]. Despite being told the dye was temporary by the stylist, it is now a year later and about half way down my hair it suddenly gets much lighter :P



I was really dissapointed about this as I'd been wanting to dye my hair for ages. I now want to dye my hair blonde but I don't really know the situation with bleach and allergies. And does anyone know about any alternatives to hair dye I could use?



Thanks! :)



Hair dye allergies?

What I would suggest to you is to go to a salon and tell the stylist what happened the last time you tried to have your hair dyed. Incest on a patch test to see if you are still allergic to the dye. You may not be as your system could have changed since then.



I've been a licensed cosmetologist for thirty years.



Hope this helps.



Hair dye allergies?

i don't know any alternatives because all hair dye has a chemical in henna tattoos, which isn't supposed to be in henna tattoos. if you ever had an alergic reaction to a henna tattoo when you were younger, then that is most likely your alergy and you won't get to dye your hair. sorry. :[

No comments:

Post a Comment