Friday, April 20, 2012

Hair Bleach and SF dye- Help please!?

I want to dye my hair using SF (special effects) napalm orange dye, I already have the dye from my local hot topic. I also want to bleach it first, this would be the first time I'm bleaching my hair, so I'm looking for product suggestions on which work well



(here's a swatch of my hair:



http://www.heresmyimage.com/uploads/3917...



it's a little darker than it appears in that picture (bad lighting sorry))



I wanted to use the SF 30 bleach (because I've heard it works very well), but the only place I know of that sells it is the hot topic and they are always out whenever I visit and everywhere I look online is also out of stock.



Anyway, any one have any suggestions on which bleach I should use and where I could find it? (or on anything else I should be doing with the hair dyeing)



Thanks!



Hair Bleach and SF dye- Help please!?

Go to Sally's beauty supply and in the color section they have POWDER LIGHTENER packets for $.99 Get 3-5 packets. Also purchase any brand of "40 volume creame developer. At home mix the powder and developer in equal parts.(usually by ounces) It should be the consistency of frosting. Completly saturate hair and leave on for reccomended time..(it will say on the packets) This is the fastest way to lighten hair. Be sure to condition. If you are too afraid to try this, go to your salon and tell them your situation. let them know you are only interested in pre-lightening as you have color you are going to use. hope your hair turns out awesome!



Hair Bleach and SF dye- Help please!?

the only numbers important are the first digit. 10 volume will lift the hair 1 shade . 20 volume is 2 shades . I said 40 because it will lighten the most. The lighter your hair, the better it will take in the pigment of the color you put over it. if you want it brighter choose a higher devleoper. Report It



Hair Bleach and SF dye- Help please!?

Awesome, thank you, very helpful. Report It



Hair Bleach and SF dye- Help please!?

you can go to any of your local pharmarcies, or stores like duane reade, walgreens, rite aid, kmart... go to the hair removal section, where they sell products like Nair hair remover, you'll find hair bleach or creme bleach... it might say for facial hair, but it works on any hair. that is what I use and my hair is dark dark brown.. and I put hot topic bright red streaks on my bangs ;)



go for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment