Wednesday, April 18, 2012

If a hair dye says to use a 30 volume creme developer, is it still ok to use 40?

I have naturally very dark hair, it's almost black. I dyed my hair using this http://www.beautydeals.net/shop/details....



which is a dye specially for people with dark hair so they can skip the step of bleaching their hair first. my problem is that i dyed my hair using this dye and mixed in the 30 volume developer as it says on the box, but my color didn't come out as intense as I would've liked, so is it ok for me to redye it with the same dye, but this time mix in a 40 volume (even though the box says to use 30) or will this be bad?



If a hair dye says to use a 30 volume creme developer, is it still ok to use 40?

Hi!



I would suggest to follow the instructions on the box, however I know in the salon when we want to get the most lift I would use a 40 Vol Developer. Box color is very different from the color I use. (It also tends to be a little harsher to the hair.)What this does is open the cuticle and processes it faster for the highest lift. Also take into consideration that the the 40 vol is harder on the hair, and that you have already processed your hair with the 30 vol. I never use box color, but you did mention you used Loreal Excellence Creme HiColor Deep Auburn Red, If it is just the red that is not as intense as you would like it I would suggest getting a color with more red and lower developer. Not matter what, red fades faster than any other color. If it is just not light enough I would up the vol of developer. If you go over you hair again, do some kind of conditioning treatment. I hope this helps, but me not knowing what level your hair is and where you are wanting to go I can tell you for sure... If you have any questions just shoot me a email. Thanks! leerin0829@yahoo.com



If a hair dye says to use a 30 volume creme developer, is it still ok to use 40?

I'd use the same 30 vol but leave it on for longer.



If a hair dye says to use a 30 volume creme developer, is it still ok to use 40?

Not enough info. What color and/or level of intensity are you seeking? Red? Gold? Neutral? Ash? Purple?



40 vol. should never be used directly on the scalp, unless you have good insurance.



It can cause serious damage to your skin and there is a chance your hair can fall out and/or break, if it is done wrong.



20 %26amp; 30 vol. peroxide will lift (take out) and then deposit (put back) color, during the developing time.



If you're happy with the shade, but want more it to be more dynamic, try 10 vol. as it will deposit, with very little lift.



Professional's do not use the word "dye".



Free advice from a pro.

No comments:

Post a Comment