Friday, April 20, 2012

Hair Dye Over Highlights?

About a month ago I highlighted the two front bits of my hair blonde. I would now like to go an all over dark brown colour (my hair is light brown). Is it safe to dye over my highlights. I've been told I need to dye over the highlights a chestnut colour to get brown. Is this true? What would happen if I just dyed over the highlights with the dark brown dye? Please answer all my questions.



Thank-You



Hair Dye Over Highlights?

you can dye it but your highliths will probably end up darker at first but as you wash your hair they will get lighter than the rest of ur hair they will actually look like natural highlights



Hair Dye Over Highlights?

I've recently gone from having highlights to an all over brown. I went to a salon as I was a it nervy about doing myself. He put a light brown colour all over to tone the blonde down, then put a chesnut brown on to give it a rich brown colour and it looks fantastic!



If you don't want to go to a salon, give the above a try!



Also around 2 weeks later do the chestnut colour again, as the blonde may start to show through a bit

No comments:

Post a Comment