Friday, March 30, 2012

Hair dye question. Need answers ASAP?

Hey everyone. I have naturally dark brown hair but I dyed it black around 3 months ago. Now I want to go for a medium to light brown. Problem is, my parents absolutely forbade me to bleach it, strip it of the dye, or lighten it with chemicals in any way. No arguing with them; their minds are made up. They said that I'm only allowed to dye it.



My questions are...I know there are some hair dyes made specifically for lightening dark hair by a few shades. Can anyone reccommend some brands?



Also, if I bought 2 boxes of the same color and dyed my hair twice, would that help get it closer to the shade I want, or lighten it a little bit more?



I need answers as soon as possible. I need to try to change my hair color by the end of the month for an event I'm attending.



Thanks in advance!



Hair dye question. Need answers ASAP?

Dying your hair two times will not make your hair lighter. It will only damage your hair.



There's a product called L'oreal Hicolor that's made to lighten dark hair without bleach but I think only professionals are allowed to purchased it.



You could try dying your hair a couple shades lighter and then dying it again with a lighter color. But wait at least 2 weeks in between the hair coloring. You also have to consider the color base when dying your hair so that it will not turn out in an undesired color (like green).



Hair dye question. Need answers ASAP?

You will need to strip the black out of it before it will take any new colour



Hair dye question. Need answers ASAP?

use henna shampoos and do it gradually



Hair dye question. Need answers ASAP?

I reccomened not dying your hair again.



your guying to fry it down to baldness.



Hair dye question. Need answers ASAP?

The best way to do it is to find a way to make your hair blonde again then get it brown from there. If you dye it directly from brown, the dye won't work, and you'll have an ugly purple-ish color looking hair.



Hair dye question. Need answers ASAP?

OK, first off, all hair color is full of chemicals, wether you are darkening or lightening the hair, unless it is natural henna. If a box color tells you otherwise , they are lying. Natural instincts is not natural, etc.



So given that information, you are much better off lifting out the black with a gentle "on the scalp" lightener untill it matches your root out growth color, wash condition, dry your hair, then procede with your new color.



hair color is made to deposit color into your hair, after it lightens it a little bit. So if you put a color over what you have now, you will get light roots, with the black still there. doing it twicwe will only make it worse. DO NOT TRY IT! You will be sorry, I promise you that.



The colors made for lightening dark hair are made for Natural , uncolored dark hair.They will do nothing to the artificial black pigment you put in your hair 3 months ago.



Good luck, and be sure to tell your parents that either way is full of chemicals, so you might as well do it the right way, instead of making it worse. ( i am a pro, fyi)



Hair dye question. Need answers ASAP?

Rub cheese in it.



It works. Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment