Friday, March 30, 2012

Hair dye delimma...?

My natural hair color is light brown. I have done my own blonde highlights for a few years, but this summer I had them done at a salon for the first time and haven't gotten them redone since. My hair grows fast, and as of yesterday I had some pretty BAD roots. I wanted to go lighter, so I got Loreal Preference in 9G, which was suppossed to turn my hair warm golden blonde. Well...let's just say it didn't. It turned my roots a golden reddish color, which oddly enough blended in with the rest of my hair (which didn't seem to take the dye much.) My hair actually looks pretty, so I'm not worried. But apart from my newly unnoticable roots, by hair doesn't look noticably different.



1. Why didn't my hair take the dye?



2. What can I do next time to prevent this from happening?



3. How long should I wait before re-dying my hair, and what kind of dye should I use?



Hair dye delimma...?

I have been dying my hair for YEARS and YEARS. I have found that certain brands won't 'take' to my hair.



I made a switch to Garnier Fructisse or however you spell it.



I have stayed with the same brand and color for about 3 years or so now. My choice is called Champagne Fizz and I leave it in for an hour!



I love it and I think it looks great. Look at my pic.



I have recolored my hair the same darn day, if it came out bad!! I know it's not good for your hair but heck, I was in a pickle at the time!!



I am really satisfied with Garnier's Champagne Fizz. I am not sure how blond you want to go but try Garnier and give them a try. I have stayed with them from the FIRST time I tried them.



Just pick a color ya like and Good Luck!!



Hair dye delimma...?

Your hair probably didn't take the dye because either it was wet, you didn't follow the directions correctly, or it was too close to your natural hair color. Next time, be sure to follow the directions and buy a dye better for your hair color. You should wait at least a month before re dyeing your hair. Consult a hairstylist as to which kind of dye to use, but i recommend a more gentle, natural dye such as herbal essences or pantene.

No comments:

Post a Comment