Friday, March 30, 2012

Hair Dye Disaster! -- Help needed ASAP?

hey everyone



Okay so, Ive been dying my hair for a long time now (its naturally dark Brown), a deep red that I do myself with the L'oreal Feria Kit (is that how you spell it?)



Anyway, Yesterday I decided i wanted some nifty higlights, so I went to the salon and chose a burgundy base colour and a wine red colour for hair lights



Im pretty sure that was the worst decision ever, I think they put in too many higlights coz all my raid is now cherry red and It looks so bad I could cry. I dont wanna dye my hair again (ive alredy dyed it twice since the beginning of the year)



I tried googling it but the only answers they have out there are how to lighten a dark hair dye, nothing on how to darken a light hair dye..anyone know what to do?



Hair Dye Disaster! -- Help needed ASAP?

you can by a toner (which is not hair dye, but found in the same section). it will make your hair darker, tone it down, and make it glossy and moisturized. plus, the highlights as they are now will gradually fade and dull over time anyway. good luck!



Hair Dye Disaster! -- Help needed ASAP?

Try a temporary rinse. You can find them that wash out in one shampoo or fifteen. It will give you a darker look without further damaging your hair.



Hair Dye Disaster! -- Help needed ASAP?

Eek! You poor thing! OK, here's the BEST thing to do. Go online or pick up your phone book and call a salon that specializes in "color correction." They can safely strip the color from your hair and safely re-dye it to a better shade. Safely. Even if you've dyed it twice already this year.



Or, better yet, call the salon where you got your hair done and tell them you don't like it! They may fix it, or at least charge you a discounted price to fix it. You never know.



I was going to say to just buy a box of dark brown and color the hell out of it, but..... well, here's my personal horror story:



I had fuschia hair once and then tried to bleach it out (yeah, I was 18....) and my hair turned the color of orange sherbet. I then decided, what the heck, I'll just dye it brown and it'll cover it up. Nope. I ended up having a bizarre light brownish orangish color hair for a while! Lesson learned. :-)



Good luck!!!!



Hair Dye Disaster! -- Help needed ASAP?

they probably used a lightener first for the hilights, this is usually done by stripping the color, then depositing the red on top of hair that is already red and pourous.



You might try a haircolor with no peroxide to temporarily tone it down. then wait 4-6 weeks to get a professional to fix it. Remember your hair will grab color fast so try to stay neutral.



Hair Dye Disaster! -- Help needed ASAP?

From experience I can tell you that it will end up costing you time and money trying to fix it and you'll be doing more harm than good to your hair. TRUST ME make an appointment at a salon to have it fixed.



Hair Dye Disaster! -- Help needed ASAP?

I know you don't want to die it again but die it close to your natural color. Later if you want to die it try a wash out die because if you don't like the color you can wash it out or die it again. Please don't use the salon hair die because if you don't like it you can't really do much about it. Oh another thing, change your hair stylist. Do you really want someone how messed your hair up? Believe me I gone through the same thing.



Hair Dye Disaster! -- Help needed ASAP?

Girl, this just happened to me! Except, it was a pink ish/stop sign red. I know! It was a mess. I called a salon and told them the story. They put a chemistry peel on my hair,... which stripped the color away, then they deep conditioned me becuase I had just dyed it two days, after that they put in a green based dye to counter the red dye and viola! It was a very low toned red, so low tones it looked dark brown with a hint of red. I love it now. Not yesterday. But anyways, call another salon asap and see what they can do for you

No comments:

Post a Comment